Using faint halogen bulbs that barely illuminate a square meter before you is rarely a good idea. Imagine loading and unloading at night with bright light flooding your truck bed, cargo area, and cab with daylight-like illumination. LED work lights for trucks can make it happen and be less of an ordeal for any HGV owner. With various sizes and intensities, they can transform how you work when natural light is insufficient.
Why LED work lights for trucks are must-haves
LEDs are nearly indestructible. They have no filament or fragile glass to break and can withstand extreme temperatures. While halogen bulbs typically last around 500 hours, LED work lights for trucks can shine strong for over 50K hours. Their insane amount of lumens turns even the darkest nights into brightness.
Having LED work lights for trucks is a total game changer, regardless of what areas you use them for:
- Under the hood. Pop the hood and blast your engine bay with light. Mounted on your truck’s roof or bumper, they can brighten the entire area. You are free from grunting around with a dim flashlight while doing repairs or maintenance, as you can clearly see every hose and bolt.
- In the cargo compartment. LED lights are matchless if you use your truck bed frequently for work or hauling equipment. Mount them at the top of the bed rails or at the rear of the cab to illuminate the area. This will help you load and unload whenever you need to.
- Hard-to-predict situations. In such cases, LED work lights for trucks can be lifesavers. Their extreme brightness helps in identifying the existing issues and performing roadside repairs. They also make your vehicle more visible to other drivers to avoid collisions or other hazards at night.
Usually, the type of work lights determines what they are suitable for. For example, you can opt for floodlights to light up a large area for extended periods. These fixtures produce a wide beam – usually around 6K lumens – to brightly and evenly illuminate loading docks. Meanwhile, narrower beams (spotlights) are ideal for task lighting.
To be equipped for anything, you may want to have your LED work lights in the floodlight and spotlight configurations. The CM18 shop is filled with all options for your truck.
Essential features of LED work lights for trucks
The most reliable lights are brimming with high-lumen output and have weather-proof features and impact-resistant housings. However, the following elements can also make the use of lights more comfortable and safer:
- Control switches – Allow you to regulate LED work lights for trucks without physically disconnecting them. Look for setups with easy-to-access switches, preferably waterproof.
- Overheat protection – Prevents damage to internal components, as LEDs may generate heat while operating. This feature will extend the lifespan of your lights and fend off issues like dimming or premature failure.
With long-lasting LED work lights for trucks, no job is too difficult. And when it is done, you’ll appreciate how much time and hassle you have saved thanks to these fixtures.